Waste stabilisation and solidification
Stabilisation and solidification units
A stabilisation/solidification unit is an industrial treatment centre whose aim is to obtain at its output a stabilized product admissible to a Hazardous Wastes Storage Landfill Facility.
It comprises mainly the following components:
The industrial implementation of the stabilization/solidification processes calls for special engineering including notably the following steps:
- Storage silos and tanks: Wastes and reagents.
- Conveyor system (Archimedean screw, belt conveyor),
- Component weighing and dosing chain,
- Mixing module,
- Installation automatic controller and supervisory system.
Our proposal can be set out in the form of turnkey contracts, prime contracting or customer technical assistance.
- Studies needed to prepare the regulatory files,
- Chemical engineering studies to determine the treatment formulation,
- Outline Design, Detailed Design studies,
- Industrial unit construction,
- Unit mechanical acceptance and commissioning,
- Technical and chemical assistance to operation throughout life.